Dear colleagues,

Two more pennies/euro cents on plagiarism.

I am at the beginning of my career and have up to now published four
papers in peer-reviewed journals. For each of these papers, I have made
a list of the colleagues I quoted the work from (based on the list of
cited references) and have sent them a pdf of the final paper by e-mail.

I think this practice prevents me from plagiarism, since I know that the
quoted scientists will read the paper and look carefully for reference
to their work. I have had positive feedback on this practice and I guess
it is a good opportunity to advertise my work and build a network.

Any thoughts about it?

Cheers,
Christophe.

#####
Christophe Coudun, PhD
Centre for Terrestrial Carbon Dynamics (CTCD)

Forest Research, Alice Holt Lodge
Farnham, Surrey GU10 4LH
United Kingdom
tel. +44 (0)1420 526289

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://ctcd.nerc.ac.uk

+++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and
communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation
of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless
in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free
  • Re: plagiarism Coudun, Christophe