That may be a different book because this one very clearly goes into a
pretty explicit discussion of how concerned citizens worry way too much
about choices that make a very insignificant difference, and he talks about
not feeling guilty about decisions like cloth vs disposable diapers and
using paper products here and there. He disses books like "9,999 things to
do for the environment" because they say they make people feel guilty about
all the things they are not doing, and says instead we-who-care should focus
our energy and efforts on the most important choices, and
influencing/teaching others about the value to society in making those
choices.

Anyway it's very interesting reading, very well documented, and he explains
the way the methods used etc. I'm sure the model is simplified in some
areas, but at least it is based on real data rather than just hand waving.

Wendee
    Wendee Holtcamp, M.S. Wildlife Ecology
        Freelance Writer-Photographer
       http://www.wendeeholtcamp.com