There is a nice paper that discusses the responsibility of authorship.
Hope it helps.

Weltzin, J.F., R.T. Belote, L.T. Williams, J.K. Keller, and E.C. Engel.
2006. Authorship in ecology: attribution, accountability, and
responsibility. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 4:435-441.

Jordan

--
Jordan M. Marshall, Ph.D.

Post-Doctoral Researcher
School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
Michigan Technological University

Cooperative Emerald Ash Borer Project
5936 Ford Ct. Suite 200
Brighton, MI 48116