There's something troublesome to me about the terms, even though I
recognize their utility and inevitability.  There's just something
disturbing about thinking about Mother Nature (aka the earth
ecosystem and all its little ecosystems, as it were) "servicing" humans.

As a practical matter, though, why not break the terms down into
their constituent meanings and compare them?  What does "ecosystem"
mean, and what does "environment" mean?  And what are "services,"
exactly?  I find that this exercise, silly though it may seem at
first glance, and even unnecessary, often gives me insights I never
would have otherwise seen.  Looking at the etymology can sometimes be
particularly enlightening.

"Definitions" have their uses; they also can be traps, not to mention
semantic devices that can mislead.  They tend to freeze the mind.

WT