Evidence, evidence, evidence!

However, cannot one set aside the distracting tedium and get down to
the question of whether or not academic institutions (not to mention
individual researchers) are so grant-driven that education and
research has suffered to some extent thereby?  If so, to what
extent?  Significant or insignificant?

I make no judgment on the global warming issue or any other
particular issue--that's where one needs the specific evidence.

WT

There are two kinds of professional; one puts the work first, the
other the buck.