The Natural Capital Project is hiring a GIS ANALYST. Please share this
posting with anyone who may be interested!

------------------------------------

The Nature Conservancy, World Wildlife Fund, and Stanford University
together seek to fill the position of GIS Analyst for The Natural
Capital Project.  Our mission is to align economic forces with
conservation by developing tools that make incorporating natural
capital into decisions easy; by demonstrating the power of these tools
on the ground; and by engaging leaders globally. The first tool we are
developing models and maps the distribution of biodiversity and the
flow of multiple ecosystem services  across a landscape. We seek a
creative individual for a 1 year position to support application of
our models with stakeholders in our demonstration sites; China,
Tanzania, California and Hawai?i.

The successful applicant will design and implement Arc toolbox
elements to run our models and collect and format data. Applicants
must have a M.S. or M.A. in geography, ecology, natural resource
management, planning or a related field and experience developing
Python scripts, conducting advanced spatial analyses (in ArcGIS 9.2
and GRASS), executing grid and vector analysis, automating spatial and
tabular algorithms and acquiring and formatting data from diverse
sources including remote sensing instruments. The position is based at
Stanford University with Gretchen Daily and will require extensive
interaction with interdisciplinary teams and substantial travel. Send
CV, cover letter and names of 3 references to Heather Tallis
([EMAIL PROTECTED]). We will begin evaluating applications on 23
November 2007.