Great!  Now all is needed is for professors to use them (preferably
as the author intends), publish them, publish only in free on-line
journals, and for the institutions to stop insisting that such
journals, ipso facto don't count as publications (e.g., toward
tenure), and the whole "business" of education and learning reaches a
transformational peak soon.

The idea of free sharing of ideas as opposed to making certain
clay-paper journal and book barons wealthy is gaining momentum (talk
about "stamping out the vintage!").  Perhaps ESA could develop a list
of "approved" on-line texts and journals for starters?

WT