**Please respond directly to Eliza Randall at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or 323.525.1225 office, 310.962.9463 cell**

Dear ECOLOG subscribers:

We have video footage reference for a project we're working on with a
mystery plant.

The footage is from the PBS nature series "the seedy side of plants"
which appears to have been misidentified as avena Fatua and intercut
in this program with footage of the avena fatua seed self-sowing,
which originally caused the confusion we believe. The mystery plant
has many seeds organized around the stem/pedicel like petals, unlike
the solo seed of the a. fatua. When the mystery seed self sows it has
as long tail which corkscrews quite prettily behind the seed head (at
least in this video) as it burrows itself into the soil. We believe it
might be porcupine grass or Erodium. Can anyone help us identify this
conclusively?

We need to identify this mystery plant immediately.

Video reference available at -

http://nakd.theebelinggroup.com/clients/aveeno/0604_RnD/

in which you will find three files formatted as h264 quicktime - if
you are unable to view the video, please don't hesitate to contact me
and I will re-export a version that you can review.

mysteryplantSeed_h264.mov
aFatuaSeed_h264.mov
mysteryplant_h264.mov

Thanks so much in advance for your help with this!
Eliza

eliza pelham randall
the ebeling group, inc.
Sr. Producer