Risa,

I have used both in my Ecotoxicology (graduate / upper-level undergraduate)
course at Eastern Illinois University.  Newman's book is by far the best.  My
students also agree.  Mike Newman has authored many ecotoxicology books before
creating this text for the classroom. So in essence, this text is a compilation
of all those other books.  Walker et al. is also complete, but I think Newman's
is better for a course text.

So there is my opinion for what it is worth.

Best regards,
-Karen

Karen F. Gaines, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Eastern Illinois University
Department of Biological Sciences
Room 1162 Life Sciences Building
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston IL, 61920-3099
(o) 217.581.6235; (f) 217.581.7141
e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Web:http://www.eiu.edu/~biology/personnel/gaines.htm
<https://xmail.eiu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.eiu.edu/~biology/personnel/gaines.htm>