From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ecolo...@listserv.umd.edu] On Behalf Of Hargrave, Chad
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:20 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] Postdoctoral Research Fellowship – Texas Research Inst
itute for Environmental Studies

Postdoctoral Research Fellowship – Texas Research Institute for
Environmental Studies

Texas Research Institute for Environmental Studies
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas

Position Summary:
The Texas Research Institute for Environmental Studies (TRIES) is searching
for a highly motivated and talented research scientist with an expertise in
Environmental Toxicology.  The candidate’s research program may focus on
either aquatic or terrestrial systems.  A state-of-the-art and
professionally staffed Analytical Laboratory is available to assist in
chemical and analytical analyses to fully facilitate the candidate’s
research productivity.  The candidate also will be expected to write and
submit grants to external funding agencies and make strong attempts to
acquire additional research funding.  The successful candidate will be
expected to interact with a highly reputable research faculty and graduate
program within the Department of Biological Sciences at Sam Houston State
University.  Both graduate and undergraduate students will be available for
assistance in the candidate’s research program with the option to formally
train and mentor graduate students.

Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Biology, Zoology, or related fields with specialization in
Toxicology, Endocrinology, or Ecology
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently
Record of publication in scholarly journals
Demonstrated research interests which compliment the TRIES mission

Appointment:
This fulltime 12-month appointment is eligible for health insurance benefits
and participation in a state retirement program with a competitive salary
range of $38,000 - $45,000 depending on experience and qualifications.

Application Procedure:
Send an application packet including a letter of intent describing
qualifications, a current research statement and CV including a list of
references with full contact information, at least three reprints or copies
of your publications, and three letters of reference to Dr. William I.
Lutterschmidt (Director), Texas Research Institute for Environmental
Studies, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2506.  This
material (except reference letters) may be submitted electronically in a
single PDF e-mailed to tr...@shsu.edu.  Review of applications will begin
March 15, 2009 and continue until filled.  Starting date is August 2009.
Applicants are required to complete three employment forms (The State of
Texas Application for Employment, the Applicant Questionnaire, and the
Applicant Statistical Data Sheet) which maybe downloaded from and submitted
directly to the Department of Human Resources
(www.shsu.edu/~hrd_www/employment/staff/) at SHSU, an EEO/AAP employer. !
  Questions regarding this position or the application process may be
emailed to lutterschm...@shsu.edu<mailto:lutterschm...@shsu.edu>.