Colleagues,

In our agencies, I have seeing more phDs applying to our positions and working
for us.  This is a great trend.   When I was a graduate student, working for an
agency was somehow looked down by our professors.  So, I wonder if this trend
is a sign of change of attitudes among academic faculties and graduate
students, or just simple economic reality that recent graduates can’t get a
permanent position (with benefits) in academic field.

Toshihide "Hamachan" Hamazaki, phD : 濱崎俊秀:浜ちゃん

Alaska Department of Fish & Game

Division of Commercial Fisheries

333 Raspberry Rd. Anchorage, Alaska 99518

Ph: 907-267-2158

Fax: 907-267-2442

Cell: 907-440-9934

E-mail: toshihide.hamaz...@alaska.gov