The Southwestern Research Station offers several advanced training courses
and also workshops for "advanced" amateurs.   We currently offer three
taxonomy-based training courses.  The Ant Course, The Bee Course, and our
New Lepidopteran Course.  Both the Ant and Bee courses are full for this
year, however we still have space available in our Lepidopteran Course.

The Lepidopteran Course

The course is designed for students, amateur naturalists, conservation
biologists, and other biologists who have an interest in learning more about
butterfly and moth taxonomy.  It will emphasize taxonomy, ecology, and field
identification of lepidopterans in southeastern Arizona.  Lectures will
include background information on the biology of animals and their
importance in pollination biology.  Field trips will provide participants
with collecting, sampling, and observation techniques and lab work will
provide instruction on specimen identification, preparation, and labeling.

For more information on the application process and fees, please visit our
webpage http://research.amnh.org/swrs/butterflycourse.htm

Dawn S. Wilson

Director, Southwestern Research Station

P.O. Box 16553