excess Cladophora and Spirogyra are typical indicators of excess n or
p pollution.  however, there is a government publication that outlines
the taxonomy of water quality agal indicators.  its a big book, and I
have forgotten the title, cerainly a phycologist or limnologist might
be familiar with it.  try contact Dr. Peterson at Eastern IL U.  He is
a phycologist and likely knows the title as I think he handed out
photocopies of parts of it back when I took his phycology class years
ago!  ::)

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Fall Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Landscape Ecology: T,R 10-11:40 pm
Environmental Physiology: MW 1-2:40 pm
Seminar: T 2:30-3:30pm
Genetics: M 6-10pm
Office Hours:  M 3-6, T: 12-2, W: 3-4

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"   W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
        and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
        MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not