Interesting stuff here maybe - analysis of the "breeding status lists" might be interesting to test latitudinal/elevational models of biodiversity, for example

http://www.birdpop.org/nbii/NBIIHome.asp

I expect that you will summarize suggested resources through Ecolog and will be glad for you to include this link.

butterfliesandmoths.org - maps might be interesting