I use the Selfish Gene in my lower-level genetics class and Diversity of
Life in Ecology.
A lot depends on the reading level of the folks you are dealing with.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Fall (odd years) Teaching Schedule:
Vertebrate Biology - TR 10-11:40;
General Ecology - MW 1-2:40pm;
Forensic Science -  W 6-9:40pm

Spring (even) years:
Vertebrate Histology - TR 1-2:40pm
Genetics - MW 1-2:40pm
Herpetology - W 6-10pm

Summer (even years):
Wildlife Biology
Wildlife Techniques

Fall (even years):
Ecology
Molecular Cell Biology
Vertebrate Biology

Spring (odd) years:
Genetics
Landscape ecology & GIS
Environmental Physiology

Summer (odd years):
Vertebrate Field Biology

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
           and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
         MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not