I concur that Image J or the old Image-tool from NIH will do this very well.

Most histology folks have used this, it was popular among some of us who did
fluorence.
Also, you can use basically any histo program at your university.  :)

You can also do it the old fashioned way.  Print out the pictures and use
calipers, rulers, or other drafting equipment to make the same comparisons.
 HARDLY ANYONE DOES THIS ANYMORE, but it works very well if you print the
stuff out large enough!

Malcolm McCallum

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Managing Editor,

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
           and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
         MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not