Graduate Research Assistantship in Tropical Forest Ecology in the School
of Forest Resources and Conservation at the University of Florida.   The
M.S. or  Ph.D. research assistantship begins in August 2011.

I am seeking a highly motivated, quantitatively skilled graduate student
to work on tropical forest ecology.  I study landscape patterns of species
distribution, carbon cycling and forest structure/dynamics using a
combination of modeling, remote sensing and field data.  I am looking for
a graduate student who is interested in one or more of these areas.  My
website http://www.sfrc.ufl.edu/faculty/Bohlman/index.html   provides more
details on the types of projects in which I am involved.

Qualifications:  A bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, ecology,
environmental science and demonstrated interest and competence/experience
in ecology, modeling or GIS/remote sensing.  Please email a resume and a
letter stating your interests, background, qualifications and long-term
goals to Dr. Stephanie Bohlman (sbohl...@ufl.edu).

The assistantship will include an annual stipend, tuition and fees.