Readers of ECOLOG-L may be interested in knowing about the Journal of Natural
History Education and Experience
<http://www.naturalhistorynetwork.org/journal/> , an electronic, peer-reviewed
journal produced by the Natural History Network
<http://www.naturalhistorynetwork.org> . Since 2007, JNHEE’s purpose has been
to help promote a renaissance in natural history education and appreciation by
providing a forum for disseminating information on views on the place of
natural history in society as well as techniques, curricula, and pedagogy for
natural history education at all levels: K-12, undergraduate, graduate, and
general public.

 The journal seeks papers that provide perspectives on natural history as a
mode of engagement with the world as well as information that will promote the
development of natural history curricula. Content of the journal ranges from
the applied to the philosophical, but is entirely focused on the principles,
philosophy, or practice of natural history.

Specifically, we publish articles on the following issues:

* Discussions about the philosophy and practice of natural history,
* Descriptions of natural history curricula, and
* Reviews of practical issues related to the teaching of natural history.

In addition to standalone articles, we currently publish articles in two
on-going special series: (1) Why practice natural history, and (2) One hundred
and one natural history books that you should read before you die.  Recent
articles include:

Listening to Children: Perceptions of Nature by Donald J. Burgess and Jolie
Mayer-Smith
Why Natural History Matters by Thomas L. Fleischner
>From Dioramas to Dragonflies: Redefining the Role of Natural History in
>Environmental Science by Kirsten H. Martin
Revitalizing Natural History Education by Design by Matthew Kolan and Walter
Poleman

I invite everyone to visit the journal’s website
<http://www.naturalhistorynetwork.org/journal/> and consider it as a venue for
your writing about natural history that may not have a good fit with other
journals. I also invite anyone with thoughts about submissions to write to me
for a conversation about your ideas.

Cheers,

Steve Trombulak
Editor, Journal of Natural History Education and Experience
Department of Biology
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753 USA
trombu...@middlebury.edu