Dear colleagues and phenologists...

We would like to bring to your attention the Session Announcement and Call
for Papers for
EGU 2012, 22-27 April 2012, Vienna, Austria

Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, 17 January 2012

CL2.2 Seasons and phenology: Evidence from observations, reconstructions,
measurements and models (co-sponsored by USA-NPN, PAGES & ILEAPS)

Observations of plant and animal phenological records, remote sensing
observations and the timing of snow and ice cover from all continents and
several oceans show that many physical and biological natural systems are
changing their seasonal timing, particularly due to increases in
temperature. We invite contributions with cross-disciplinary perspectives
that present seasonality changes based on recent plant and animal
phenological observations, historical documentary sources, or seasonality
measurements using climate data, remote sensing, flux measurements or
modelling studies. We seek contributions across all spatial and temporal
scales that compare and integrate seasonality changes, emphasize
applications, discuss species interactions and decoupling and that advance
our understanding of seasonality response to long-term climate change and
single extreme events.

For further information and to submit an abstract, please go to:
<http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/session/9043>

Important deadlines:
for Support Applications: 15th December 2011
for Receipt of Abstracts: 17th January 2012
for Pre-Registration: 22nd March 2012
All further details: <http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2012>
Late Support Application Upload is open until Wednesday December 21
Check eligibility here:
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2012/support_and_distinction/financial_support.html

Please contact This Rutishauser (ru...@giub.unibe.ch) with questions.

We would like to add that the Phenology session is accompanied with an
informal dinner and a meeting of the Pan-European Phenological Database
Project (http://www.zamg.ac.at/pep725/)

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!

Convenors
This Rutishauser (University of Bern, ru...@giub.unibe.ch),
Annette Menzel (TU München, Germany, men...@forst.tu-muenchen.de),
Jake Weltzin (USA National Phenology Network,jwelt...@usgs.gov),
Alison Donnelly (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, donne...@tcd.ie)
Elisabeth Koch (Zentralanstalt für Meteorologie und Geophysik,
elisabeth.k...@zamg.ac.at)

This Rutishauser

University of Bern, Institute of Geography
Research Group in Climatology
Hallerstrasse 12, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
Phone: +41 (0)31 631'85'45, Fax: +41 (0)31 631'85'11
Mobile: +41 (0)76 436'11'06
ru...@giub.unibe.ch, http://www.geography.unibe.ch/

Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Unitat d?Ecofisiologia CSIC-CREAF
CREAF (Center for Ecological Research and Forestry Applications)
www.creaf.uab.cat/global-ecology

http://www.giub.unibe.ch/~rutis/