Hey Randy-

You might be interested in the new book "Documenting and Protecting
Biodiversity on Land Trust Projects: an introduction and practical guide".
In it, I review how land trusts use spatial data products (in addition to
on-the-ground biological inventories) to prioritize, inform, and bolster
land protection projects.  It covers things like TNC Ecoregional
Assessments, SWAP habitat mapping, PAD-US Database, LANDFIRE/ GAP landcover/
Ecological Systems mapping, NWI data, regional connectivity-based landscape
planning efforts, etc.

Here is a link:
http://www.landscope.org/action/innovative_tools/Documenting%20and%20Protect
ing%20Biodiversity%20on%20Land%20Trust%20Projects/

Best
Chris Wilson

--------
Christopher R. Wilson