I have done this in classes many times.  Also, I've been known to come in
with three or four different versions of the same news story, hand each row
of students a different version, and then ask them
to defend and refute the statements in the respective articles, and
to label the article as biased conservative, biased liberal, or
relatively unbiased.
This can be a pretty nifty way to get people talking.
I like to get an article online from an MSNBC, Fox News, and then a very very
strait unbiased article (often from BBC or one of the science news outlets).

Fun Fun FUn

Malcolm McCallum

P.S. - Just be sure you are not in conflict with your Dean's Spouse's platform
in an election year when he is running for office.  Unfortunately, the
politicians
would rather you just support their babble.

:)

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry

Managing Editor,
Herpetological Conservation and Biology

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" -
Allan Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not