The Gabriel Hamer and Sarah Hamer Laboratories at Texas A&M University
research the ecology and epidemiology of vector-borne, bird-borne, and
zoonotic diseases.  Disease systems we study are at the interface of human,
domestic animal, and wildlife health, and include West Nile virus, Lyme
disease and other tick-borne zoonoses, Chagas disease, and more.  We seek a
part-time or full-time research assistant to help establish our new
laboratories, conduct general laboratory maintenance, carry out molecular
diagnostic protocols, manage databases, order laboratory supplies and
oversee student workers.  Other duties may also be necessary, including
travel to field sites for sampling of vectors or wildlife.  Desired start
date is around March 26, 2012.  Review of applications will begin on
February 20, 2012 and continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
Interested candidates may contact Gabe Hamer in the Entomology Department
(gha...@tamu.edu) or Sarah Hamer in the Veterinary Integrative Biosciences
Department (sha...@cvm.tamu.edu).
Application requirements and online application is available here:
tamujobs.tamu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=199633.