That USDA range map for post oak touches on a point raised earlier.  Those
civic-minded oaks conform their range exactly to US state and national
boundaries, and nowhere is it introduced.

And, Dave M., despite your "Good grief" to Matt C.. don't you think it's
appropriate to pay some attention to the temporal nature of geographic
boundaries?  Does it sound right to say "Dinosaurs once roamed New York
City"?  It sounds sillier when applied to a city rather than a state, but
the principle is the same.  When speaking carefully we can insert the
phrase "...what is now..."

Martin M. Meiss