Michael, my suggestion was not a joke.  It is a technique advocated by Kenneth
Stewart, the noted aquatic entomologists who accomplished a lot of excellent
research during his 40 year career at The University of North Texas .  He
advocated the technique to students in his aquatic entomology course for
collecting aerial stages of dragonflies, and some of the students in the class
used it.  Dust shot leaves minute holes in the wings.  The specimens are quite
suitable for museum mounts and the most important taxonomic features, the wing
veins, are not damaged seriously.

David

David McNeely