The Encyclopedia of Life (EOL, www.eol.org ) is a global collaboration among
scientists and the general public to make authoritative information and
literature about all 1.9 million named species freely accessible online.

The EOL team has begun a focused effort to assemble rich content for taxa of
particular public interest (http://eol.org/info/priority_taxa_on_eol ). We
remain committed to bringing you information on all organisms, but need to
do our best to serve the information most in demand from our visitors as
soon as possible.

We are reaching out to faculty that teach higher level courses, about the
opportunity of having undergraduate and graduate students research and
synthesize information about species on EOL’s high priority taxa list and
then summarize this information in an overview suitable for the general
public. Faculties are responsible for reviewing student work. The EOL
Learning + Education team will provide guidance, supporting materials and
can help facilitate the upload of reviewed information to the Encyclopedia
of Life.

The benefits of this activity for students include an opportunity to
research and synthesize information to communicate science to the general
public. Students, instructors and institutions receive attribution and
recognition on the Encyclopedia of Life.

See an example of past student work here:
http://eol.org/data_objects/17902925

If interested in participating in this activity for the upcoming semester,
quarter or trimester, please send an email to: educat...@eol.org.