The Program in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology (EECB) at the
University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) has new research opportunities and both
teaching and research fellowships available for well-qualified students
interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in fall 2013.  We have research
opportunities through our interdisciplinary graduate program, which links
scientists across multiple departments (Biology, Natural Resources and
Environmental Science, Geography, and others), the Desert Research
Institute, and various state and federal agencies.  Participating
departments support about 100 graduate students in EECB and closely
associated programs.

Accepted Ph.D. students are eligible to receive stipends in the range of
$16,800 to $28,000 per year, plus health benefits and tuition remission.
In addition, EECB students are eligible for internal research and travel
grants.  Students may work in many areas of ecology and evolution, as well
as applied areas such as conservation of endangered species, urbanization
effects on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, and responses of plants and
animals to climate change.  EECB faculty and graduate students conduct
research from South America to the Arctic in a variety of ecosystems.  The
EECB graduate program is one of the first nationwide to include
Conservation Science in our degree.  Facilities include the Whittell
Forest and Wildlife Area Field Station, Conservation Genetics Center, and
the Nevada Genomics Center.  UNR is situated on the east side of the
Sierra Nevada with easy access to both Lake Tahoe and the Great Basin,
areas ideal for both research and recreation.  Interested students should
contact relevant EECB faculty members to discuss mutual research interests.

Links to faculty web pages can be found at:
http://environment.unr.edu/eecb/faculty/index.html

EECB also hosts a colloquium series,
http://environment.unr.edu/eecb/collloquium/index.html, which brings top
researchers from around the globe to give talks on their work.

Online application and admission information is available from:
http://environment.unr.edu/eecb/apply/index.html

For any questions, please contact co-directors Dr. Mary Peacock
(mpeac...@unr.edu), Dr. Peter Weisberg (pweisb...@cabnr.unr.edu), or EECB
program secretary Pauline Jasper (pauli...@unr.edu).