Ecologgers:
I am putting together a list of readings for an undergraduate senior seminar
this spring on “Ecology in Space and Time”.  What are the most influential
papers in the field of ecology that explicitly examine the spatial and/or
temporal scales of ecological processes and gain new insights as a result?
These could be studies in landscape ecology, biogeography, paleoecology, and
many other sub-disciplines.  Ideally the final reading list would include
insights gained over a diversity of spatial and temporal scales from the small
and short to the global and geologic.

Any ideas welcomed (off list please), and I’d be happy to share the final list
when all is said and done.

Thanks!
Jonathan