Environmental Scientist, Assistant Professor, Tenure Track -- Bard College
Environmental and Urban Studies Program

The Environmental and Urban Studies Program at Bard College is seeking
applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor
level. We are looking for a broadly trained environmental scientist interested
in interdisciplinary environmental science teaching and research. We encourage
applications from any field of environmental science, and we invite applicants
to articulate how their expertise would complement our existing strengths in
the sciences and in environmental and urban studies. Examples of complementary
research areas include biogeochemistry and urban ecology.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. and a strong commitment to undergraduate
education. Teaching responsibilities will include introductory and intermediate
courses in environmental science as well as advanced courses in the candidate's
area of expertise. An active research program, including supervision of
undergraduate research, will be expected. Familiarity with liberal arts
colleges, teaching experience, and postdoctoral experience are desirable. Bard
College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the Hudson
Valley, 90 miles from New York City. For more information on Bard, visit
www.bard.edu<http://www.bard.edu> and for the Environmental & Urban Studies
Program, please visit http://eus.bard.edu/<http://eus.bard.edu>.

T o apply, please send a cover letter, CV, the names of three references, and
brief statements of (a) current research and (b) teaching goals & experience by
email only to hr12...@bard.edu
<javascript:location.href='mailto:'+String.fromCharCode(104,114,49,50,48,57,57,64,98,97,114,100,46,101,100,117,32)+'?'>
 . Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue through January
25, 2013. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity.

--

Felicia Keesing

David and Rosalie Rose Distinguished Professor of Science, Mathematics, and
Computing

Professor of Biology

Bard College