..."protecting your own ideas for later use" is a statement, in one form or
another, that i've heard from quite a few "early-career" biologists over
the years...long-story-short...your peers and Established Scientists are
very, very bright...it is unlikely that an "idea" is so unique or
precious that someone has not mentioned it before in the literature and/or
that, while Early Career is wating for the propitious moment, one of
her/his very, very bright peers or an Establishe Scientist will fail to
come up with the same or a similar "idea"...furthermore, due to changes in
international copyright laws & conventions, Intellectual Property rights
are less & less protected...better to initiate a "game", to open up new
ways of thinking about something...better to get feedback & engage in the
discourse...IF the "ideas" do, in fact, turn out to have some utility to
Science and/or Industry...a person initiating the discourse will be
acknowledged in one way or another, directly or indirectly...clara

--
Clara B. Jones
Director

 "Where no estimate of error of any kind can be made, generalizations about
populations from sample data are worthless."  Ferguson, 1959