FIELD ASSISTANT POSITIONS AVAILABLE to assist with research examining spring
landbird migration through Lake Michigan coastal habitats in western Michigan.

BANDERS (2) will manage mist-netting effort, including species
identification and aging, bird handling/banding, data entry and will help
coordinate other activities. Banding experience with and knowledge of
Nearctic-Neotropical landbird migrants necessary.

SURVEY TECHNICIANS (4) duties will include visual and aural bird survey,
vegetation sampling and assisting with arthropod sampling.

The field season is scheduled to run from April 29 - June 9th, although we
are flexible with respect to arrival and length of stay.  Lodging will be
provided.  We are looking for enthusiastic individuals willing to work long
hours, maintain a sense of humor and have fun collecting data on birds and
bugs.  We welcome any collaborative efforts that may arise.  To apply, send
a cover letter, resume and names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers, of at
least three references to Jaclyn Smolinsky (j...@udel.edu). Please put “Job
Application” in the subject of the email and indicate the position you seek
and your dates of availability within the email itself.

BIRD BANDERS: Banding experience and knowledge of Nearctic-neotropical
landbird migrants is necessary.  Experience aging and sexing birds using
Pyle a plus.

SURVEY TECHNICIAN: Preferred applicants will have experience identifying
eastern birds by sight and sound.