Hi, Brett,

         Unfortunately, I can't help you with sign design, but it would be
neat if you got a couple of seasons of road-kill data before you put the
signs up.  That way you could conduct a before-and-after study and see if
the signs actually do any good, or with enough time and data, you could
find out if certain sign designs are more effective at preventing road kill
than others.

Martin M. Meiss