Hi All,

I would like to bring our AGU session to your attention. Shuguang (Leo) Liu and I are convening a session on the impacts of disturbance (e.g., fire, hurricane, insect outbreaks, and harvesting) and extreme climate events (e.g., drought, heat waves, spring freeze) on carbon dynamics again at the AGU Fall Meeting (San Francisco, CA, Dec 9-13, 2013). Our session at the 2011 and 2012 AGU meetings was well attended and successful. If you have been recently conducting research on this topic, you are welcomed to submit an abstract to our session. The abstract submission is now open, and will close by August 6, 2013.

Below is a brief description for our session:

B031: Impacts of Extreme Climate Events and Disturbances on Carbon Dynamics
Sponsor: Biogeosciences (B)
Conveners: Jingfeng Xiao, Shuguang (Leo) Liu

Disturbances (e.g., fire, hurricane, and insect outbreaks) and extreme climate events (e.g., drought, heat and cold waves) substantially affect carbon cycle processes. However, their impacts on terrestrial carbon dynamics over landscapes, regions, and continents are not well understood. We invite submissions that investigate and quantify the impacts of extreme climate events and disturbances on the terrestrial carbon dynamics over various spatial and temporal scales using observations (e.g., eddy covariance flux measurements, and national inventories), remote sensing, state-of-the-art modeling approaches (e.g., ecosystem models, upscaling methods), and model-data fusion techniques.

Please feel free to contact me (j.x...@unh.edu) or Leo (s...@usgs.gov) if you have any questions and to forward this message to your colleagues, students, and post-docs who might be interested in contributing to this session.

I look forward to seeing you at AGU.

Jingfeng

--
Jingfeng Xiao, PhD
Research Assistant Professor

Email: j.x...@unh.edu
http://globalecology.unh.edu
Tel: (603) 862-1873; Fax: (603) 862-0188