Middlebury College seeks a scientist working in Sustainable Agriculture to
spearhead the development of a Food Studies program that incorporates both
curricular and co-curricular components.  This is a full-time, 11-month
position.  Hiring will be at the full professor rank.  We seek a leader in
sustainable agriculture and food studies who will contribute to the
establishment of a Food Studies curriculum that addresses food systems at
local, regional, and global scales, to create a program that integrates the
study of food systems—in and out of the classroom, on the Middlebury campus and
beyond—with the further development of a sustainable, local system of food
production and procurement at the College. The successful candidate will teach
courses on the science of sustainable agriculture, and must be eager to engage
the unique learning opportunities available at a liberal arts college. Areas of
focus of teaching and/or research may include (but are not limited to):
agroecology, soil science, biotechnology and food, food production and
nutrition, landscape-level processes in agricultural ecosystems, sustainable
food systems, sustainable agricultural practices (organic agriculture,
integrated pest management), and agricultural adaptations to global change.

Middlebury College is a top-tier liberal arts college with a demonstrated
commitment to excellence in faculty teaching and research. An Equal Opportunity
Employer, the College is committed to hiring a diverse faculty as we work to
foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and varied
educational experience to our increasingly diverse student body.

Review of applications will begin November 1, 2013, and continue until the
position is filled. Middlebury College uses Interfolio to collect all job
applications electronically. Email and paper applications will not be accepted.
Through Interfolio, please submit a letter of application addressed to Andi
Lloyd, Chair, Food Studies Search Committee, along with a C.V., a statement of
teaching and research interests that addresses opportunities for undergraduate
involvement in research, and three letters of recommendation.  More information
on the position can be found at
https://<https://bycommittee.interfolio.com/positions/7024>apply.interfolio.com/22710<http://apply.interfolio.com/22710>
 or by contacting the search committee chair at
ll...@middlebury.edu<mailto:ll...@middlebury.edu>.

Andi Lloyd
Dean of the Faculty
Philip Battell Stewart and Sarah Frances Cowles Stewart Professor of Biology
Old Chapel 207
802-443-5908
ll...@middlebury.edu<mailto:ll...@middlebury.edu>