Dear Leslie,

 Agreed on all points.

 But poor procedures can make the bad situation caused by flat budgets
substantially worse. I very much hope that the report on the questionnaire
doesn't wind up being a defense of a one-cycle-per-year format. Such a stance
would, in my opinion, meet a widespread negative reaction from the DEB
scientific community.

 Cheers, Tom

 Thomas J. Givnish
Henry Allan Gleason Professor of Botany