Dear all
I'm one of the moderators on a mailing list (Fish-Sci) that is very similar to
Ecolog-L, but one that focuses on fish biology/fisheries science.

"FISH-SCI provides an international forum for the discussion of scientific
ideas and events pertaining to fish and fisheries. We define fishery science to
include relevant aspects of biology, oceanography, ecology, limnology,
economics, sociology, mathematics and any other scientific disciplines
contributing to current understanding of fish, shellfish and their fisheries.
The list is open to scientists and those interested in scientific problems and
issues pertaining to fish and fisheries."

As such, there are a whole heap of positions and things of interest posted here
on Ecolog-L that are of interest to the Fish-Sci list, and I tend to forward
them on. However, after a chat with David Inouye, he suggested that I might
think to advertise the list here.

So, if you have positions, conferences, interesting papers or anything that is
useful for the fishy side of ecology/biology/resource management, feel free to
point it at Fish-Sci.

List details are here: http://segate.sunet.se/cgi-bin/wa?A0=FISH-SCI

All the best and thanks for your time

Chris

Fish-Sci co-moderator

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Dr Chris Harrod*
Senior Lecturer in Fish & Aquatic Ecology,
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Queen Mary University of London
1.31 Fogg Building
Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS, UK

Email: c.har...@qmul.ac.uk
Twitter: @chris_harrod
UK Mobile: +44 (0) 797 741 9314
UK Office:  +44 (0) 207 882 3045
http://webspace.qmul.ac.uk/charrod/
http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/research/researchgroups/aquaticecology

*Chile address
Instituto de Ciencias Naturales Alexander Von Humboldt,
Universidad de Antofagasta,
Avenida Angamos 601, Antofagasta, Chile

*Chile Mobile: +56 9 7399 7792
*Chile Office: +56 55 637400