The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has one postdoctoral positions available
in population biology. We are particularly interested in sponsoring a
postdoctoral applicant with an interest in vegetation dynamics and
grassland ecology.

Opportunities exist for this person to examine data, participate in field
work, and/or develop related theory.

We have set up 800 permanently marked plots in 35 restored grasslands and
remnant prairies owned by The Nature Conservancy and the Crane Trust around
Grand Island, Nebraska. We are currently examining how management
(including fire and grazing), site history and site environmental factors
correlate with vegetation composition, diversity, and the abundance of at-
risk and invasive species. We have annually monitored these plots for plant
composition and abundance since 2010. In addition we have data of site
history, management, soil fertility, soil texture, productivity and water
availability data.

We also have a Nutnet site at Cedar Point Biological Station in Western
Nebraska and there are opportunities to participate in Nutnet research at
this site or across the sites. http://www.nutnet.org/

Lastly Knops also part of an old field succession long term monitoring
study at the Cedar Creek LTER,
http://www.cedarcreek.umn.edu/research/data/datasets.php?input=e014, and
there opportunities for data analysis and synthesis examining long term
vegetation changes.

If you are interested in a 2 year postdoctoral position please contact us.

Johannes (Jean) M H Knops       &       Chad Brassil
Phone (402) 817 6957            (402) 419 0076
Email: jkno...@unl.edu          cbrass...@unl.edu

School of Biological Sciences
University of Nebraska
348 Manter Hall