I’m looking for some advice on upgrading the dendromet
Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice on upgrading the dendrometer bands I use
for research. I’ve worked in the tropics for years now and have installed
hundreds of traditional dendrometer bands
(http://www.nwrc.usgs.gov/topics/Dendrometer/)
made by hand with springs and stainless steel banding. I’m looking to reinstall
some of these dendrometer bands with pre-made dendrometer bands that can
measure small changes in growth.

I would greatly appreciate recommendations from those who
have experience measuring tree growth.What types of dendrometer bands did you
use? How did they hold up and work?

Please respond off-list.I’m happy to compile my responses and report back to
all who
are interested.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best,