thought some people might want to know.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cody Thompson <cwth...@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, May 12, 2015 at 7:46 AM
Subject: [Nhcoll-l] UMMZ Mammals-Suspending Operations July 1st!!!
To: nhcol...@mailman.yale.edu
Cc: Priscilla Tucker <pt...@umich.edu>, Philip Myers <pmy...@umich.edu>

In preparation of the relocation of our collections to a new facility, the
University of Michigan Museum of Zoology Mammal Collection will suspend its
operations beginning July 1, 2015!  After July 1st, we will not be able to
fill loan requests, accept loan returns, or receive visitors until further
notice.  We hope to be back in operation sometime in 2016.  We apologize
for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Priscilla Tucker, PhD
UMMZ Director & Mammal Curator

Cody W. Thompson, PhD
Mammal Collections Manager
& Assistant Research Scientist

University of Michigan
Museum of Zoology
1109 Geddes Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Office: (734) 615-2810
Fax: (734) 763-4080
Email: cwth...@umich.edu
Website: codythompson51.wordpress.com

"Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land."
-Aldo Leopold

NHCOLL-L is brought to you by the Society for the Preservation of
Natural History Collections (SPNHC), an international society whose
mission is to improve the preservation, conservation and management of
natural history collections to ensure their continuing value to
society. See http://www.spnhc.org for membership information.
Advertising on NH-COLL-L is inappropriate.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Department of Environmental Studies

Managing Editor,
Herpetological Conservation and Biology

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" - Allan
Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not