We (Dr. Chelse Prather, Radford University and Dr. Steve Pennings, University
of Houston) seek a postdoctoral associate to conduct research in prairies about
the role of micronutrients in structuring insect communities. The postdoc will
be responsible for implementing and running a large-scale field experiment, and
small-scale mechanistic greenhouse and lab experiments. There will be freedom
to develop projects of interest within the framework of this larger program.
The position will be based at the University of Houston's Coastal Center (UHCC)
near Houston, Texas, and will start in October of 2015. The position is
renewable for up to 2.5 years, depending on funding.
Desired skills include prairie plant identification, insect identification,
rearing plants and insects, leading large teams conducting field research, SEM
and community analyses (NMDS, etc).
We will be conducting interviews by phone and at ESA this summer. Salary is
commensurate with experience. For information about the Prather lab see
(https://chelseprather.wordpress.com) and Pennings lab, see
http://www.bchs.uh.edu/~steve/. For information about the UHCC, see
http://www.eih.uh.edu. To apply, email a cover letter, CV and contact
information for 3 references directly to Steve Pennings, Department of Biology
and Biochemistry, University of Houston,
spenni...@uh.edu<mailto:spenni...@uh.edu>. Indicate in cover letter whether you
will be attending ESA this year and when you would be available to start work.
Application deadline is July 1, 2015.