Dear Ecologgers,

I'm working on a group project for a seminar titled "Communicating Science"
and we're gathering information about how QR (quick-response) codes are
being used to communicate science.

If anyone on the list-serve has used or is using QR codes to communicate
their research or about science, I'd really appreciate hearing from you off-
list! It'd be especially helpful if you have a picture of how you're using
your QR code you'd be willing to share (e.g. on a scientific publication? A
poster? Someone scanning your code?), as we're trying to compile photo
examples of QR codes being used to communicate science. We'll give credit
for any pictures we receive, and a brief summary about how you're using QR
codes to disseminate your work would be hugely helpful.

We will show a draft of our findings to our peers next Wednesday, October
7, so receiving pictures/information by then would be best.

Should anyone be interested in what we've found thus far, we've posted an
article on EcoPress, http://nrelscience.org/ (article titled "Link and
Learn"), describing how to create and use QR codes to communicate science.
We will post a more complete article with our findings by the end of the
year.

Thanks so much in advance for your time and help, we greatly appreciate it!

Kristin Davis
Graduate Research Assistant
Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory
Graduate Degree Program in Ecology