Call for Proposals: Ignite ESA, Workshops, Special Sessions, Field Trips

101st Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of America in Fort Lauderdale,
Florida, August 7-12, 2016

Meeting website: http://esa.org/ftlauderdale

Deadline for Submission: November 19, 2015. Only complete proposals submitted
by 5:00 PM Eastern Time (2:00 PM Pacific) will be considered.

We invite proposals for Ignite ESA Sessions, Workshops, Special Sessions, and
Field Trips for ESA's 101st Annual Meeting. Join us in sunny Fort Lauderdale
next summer as we begin ESA's second century with sessions that explore our
meeting theme, "Novel Ecosystems in the Anthropocene."

With a rapidly changing climate, altered hydrological and nutrient cycles,
dominance of large regions by agricultural and urban ecosystems, and massive
movement of species to new continents, the Earth has entered a new epoch
characterized by human influence. Understanding the basic principles of ecology
will be more important than ever before, to predict how new combinations of
species in new environments will develop into functioning, novel ecosystems. We
encourage proposals that address ecosystem structure and function responses to
multiple drivers of change, management of developing novel ecosystems, and
potential benefits and problems that society will face as we progress into the
Anthropocene Epoch.

Although session proposals related to the meeting's theme are encouraged, any
timely and coherent subject of broad interest to ecologists will be considered.
We also welcome proposals that explore interdisciplinary connections with areas
of social and natural science outside of ecology or that relate to ecological
education at any level. All proposals will be peer reviewed using criteria
described in the proposal calls.

If you have any questions, please contact the Program Chair, Lee Frelich
(freli...@umn.edu) or the Science Programs Coordinator, Jennifer Riem
(jenni...@esa.org).

To submit, visit: http://eco.confex.com/eco/2016/cfp.cgi.