Tenure track faculty positions:  Environmental CrossRoads Initiative, CUNY
Advanced Science Research Center

The Environmental CrossRoads Initiative at the CUNY Advanced Science Research
Center invites applications for fulltime, tenuretrack faculty members at any
rank.

We seek outstanding scientists who have a demonstrated capacity to engage in
interdisciplinary field, laboratory, and synthesis research on human ecosystem
interactions, with an emphasis on urban and human dominated regional systems.
Applications are welcome in the areas of: state of the art environmental
sensing including novel instrumentation development and deployment, coupled
with integrative, synthesis oriented environmental research. The position seeks
to catalyze innovation in urban systems research and applications within the
CUNY Environmental CrossRoads Initiative (asrc.cuny.edu/crossroads).

Individuals filling these positions are expected to serve major roles in the
research and education programs of the ASRC, along with the teaching missions
of one of the colleges within the CUNY system.

Qualifications:
Candidates are expected to have advanced degrees (Ph.D. or equivalent) in
environmental sciences or engineering: ecology, biogeochemistry, energy
analysis, urban systems, systems analysis.

Expertise in one or more of the following areas is sought: urban and regional
metabolism (materials, water and energy stocks, flows, processes);
environmental biogeochemistry across land-atmosphere-water media; energy
systems analysis; large scale observatory design using sensor networks and in
situ instrumentation; remote sensing over local, regional, and larger domains;
data integration, simulation, and/or geospatial modeling; interdisciplinary
thinking and synthesis.

Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship
or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the
institution. Successful candidates will have academic appointments at one of
the senior CUNY colleges.

Final faculty ranks will be determined by the qualifications and experience of
successful candidates, with our primary criteria being a demonstrated
commitment to research and teaching.

How to apply:
Applicants should electronically submit 1) a curriculum vitae, 2) a 1-2 page
cover letter summarizing research accomplishments, future directions and views
on interdisciplinary research, and 3) a brief (3 page max) description of
proposed research. Applicants should also arrange to have at least three
letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf to the Environmental
CrossRoads Search Committee c/o Charles Vörösmarty. Please submit all materials
at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/6239, Job# 6239. All application
materials must be received by November 30, 2015.

For more information, please see our website at
http://asrc.cuny.edu/researchinitiatives/ environmental‐crossroads/ or contact
Dr. Charles Vörösmarty (charles.vorosma...@asrc.cuny.edu) or Dr. Anthony Cak
(anthony....@asrc.cuny.edu<mailto:anthony....@asrc.cuny.edu>)

The City University of New York (CUNY) is committed to enhancing our diverse
academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities,
minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic
community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
EO/AA Employer.

Peter M. Groffman
Professor CUNY Advanced Science Research Center and
Brooklyn College Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
85 St. Nicholas Terrace, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10031
Email:  peter.groff...@asrc.cuny.edu<mailto:peter.groff...@asrc.cuny.edu>
Phone (office) 212-413-3143