Blandy Experimental Farm has some wonderful fellowship opportunities for
undergraduate and graduate students and postdocs during summer 2016.

Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU):

The program emphasizes experimental, field-based approaches to a wide
variety of topics such as plant-animal interactions, pollination
ecology, landscape ecology, and ecosystem ecology.  Successful
applicants will receive a $5775 stipend, funds for research supplies,
additional money for food, and free housing.  Each student picks a
research mentor from our pool of faculty members and graduate students
and then conducts an independent research project.  The students will
gain experience in experimental design, data collection, analytical
techniques, and written and oral presentation of findings.  REU students
also benefit from several professional development workshops.
This is a truly wonderful opportunity for an undergraduate student
contemplating a future in science.

To apply: https://sites.google.com/site/blandyreu/

Graduate and Postdoc Research Fellowships:

Are you currently a graduate student or postdoc and looking for a field
station or summer financial support?

Summer stipends ($6000 per summer), free on-site housing, and funds for
research ($750 per summer) are available for a limited number of
graduate students or postdocs proposing original research that uses our
resources and facilities and contributes to the ongoing science program
at the station.

Interested students/postdocs should contact a Blandy faculty member to
discuss your ideas about conducting research at Blandy.  You can direct
your inquiries based on the faculty member with the closest match to
your research interests; however, we are open to all fields of
environmental, ecological, and evolutionary research.

Keep in mind this is not a complete fellowship package, rather it
provides summer financial support and access to our facilities to
supplement existing support from your home institution.

Dr. Kyle Haynes (population and landscape ecology, forest insect
dynamics)
Dr. David Carr (plant reproductive ecology, inbreeding and genetic
variation)
Dr. T'ai Roulston (pollination, plant-animal interactions, bee biology)

For more information about the station:
http://blandy.virginia.edu/research.