Dear Ecolog-Listers:

In one of my courses, we'll discuss nutrition and, inevitably carnivory and
herbivory.

Question: Can someone suggest science-based, intelligible web sources that
discuss this topic.

Background:  For years, I have looked into this and the basic story (at
least for humans) seems to be that animal food on the average has a fuller
complement of aminoacids (particularly the so-called essential ones) than
non-animal foods. Yet, thus far, in none of the places consulted, the
chemical transformations of some aminoacids into others are addressed. In
other words, can the so-called essential aminoacids be produced chemically
in the body (or by symbionts) by chemically altering non-essential
aminoacids? Clearly, those mechanisms must exist in 100% herbivorous
organisms.

If you have some constructive suggestions, please email me directly:
blayjo...@gmail.com

Gratefully,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*