Seeking advice: Creating on survey to assess social impact of field site on
local community

I'm an undergrad at the University of Michigan, and I am working with Dr. Ben
Dantzer to
create a survey to send to the residents of the town of Haines Junction, Yukon,
to assess
the social impact of the Kluane Red Squirrel Project, a long-running field site
in the region,
on the community. Neither of us has experience in social research, and we are
seeking
anyone with experience in this type of work who may have advice or pointers in
formulating a survey to gather the most substantive data in a tactful manner.
The survey
will be about 10-12 questions.

If you might be able to help, even in the form of pointing us in the right
direction in terms
of studies to emulate, please contact me at sehrm...@umich.edu.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!