when using apps, if you are doing research-quality spatial analysis,
it will be important for you to know whether the app is reporting an
average or the first reading it gets.  I know that several of the
hobby-grade GPS units report an average but do not provide an estimate
of dispersion (e.g. SE, SD).  The Tremble units give you the
individual points, then you can dump out the influential outliers and
take the average yourself.  The advantage here is that if you need 95%
CI data, this will allow you to hone in on the point much more
accurately.  Usually, the outliers are LITERALLY a bird or plan flew
over you while recording that individual point, or a key sat went
behind a cloud while the other sats are in an less-than-ideal
conformation in the sky.

I suspect mos of what I am telling you is much more technical than you
really need, but since I don't know for sure your needs, I figure I
ought to try to help you out the best I can.  These details are
ignored frequently in the literature, but a plan flying over while the
other sats are in a bad conformation can cause you with a supposedly 1
ft resolution GPS to record the point 10 m or more from its actual
location.  When you are using a GPS and you notice the unit tells you
your waypoint is say 5 m to the north, then you go 5 m to the north
and it tells you its now 10 m to the east, then you follow thorugh,
and it starts telling you its 5 m to the east, its because of the
resolution ability + sat conformation + interference in the
atmosphere.  IT was always interesting to me when I would average the
points that there would be individual points that were plotted way
outside the cluster.  Those instantaneous readings can be WAY off!  :)

--
Malcolm L. McCallum, PHD, REP
Link to online CV and portfolio :

 “Nothing is more priceless and worthy of preservation than the rich
array of animal life with which our country has been blessed. It is a
many-faceted treasure, of value to scholars, scientists, and nature
lovers alike, and it forms a vital part of the heritage we all share
as Americans.”
-President Richard Nixon upon signing the Endangered Species Act of
1973 into law.

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" -
Allan Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not