Dear Ecolog-Listers:

I teach a one-semester course in environmental sciences for non-science
majors. For a while, I have been toying with the idea of revamping the
whole course.

One of those areas of likely change is changing the textbook we use into
one that non-only emphasizes *science* in a readable way for intelligent
people who want to learn that also incorporates

a. a global perspective (= not only the USA)

b. a diversity of perspectives (= not only, on the average, things are
improving, in other words, a finer detail showing that still there is a lot
to be done)

c. non-(hard)science (e.g. the social sciences and the humanities)

If any of you have experience using a book (other resources that are not
books are also OK) and would like to recommend it (positively or
negatively), please, feel free to send me an email off the list.

blayjo...@gmail.com

With gratefulness,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*