Someone requested that I share a summary of replies to my earlier query about
useful books for learning R, after finishing _R for Dummies_. Here it is:

R. Ben Bolker's "Ecological Models and Data in R" was recommended as a basic
ecology-oriented one.
Bivand's "Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R" is more spatially oriented, as
is the more recent Brunsdon's "An Introduction to R for Spatial Analysis and
Mapping".
A masters' stats class used "getting started with R, An introduction for
biologists", by Beckerman and Petchey.
Another educator recommended the R for Ecologists website at Montana State
University: http://ecology.msu.montana.edu/labdsv/R/labs/R_ecology.html.
Another online resource is the R Inferno. Another is "R for Starters," by Ole
Forsberg: http://www.rfs.kvasaheim.com/
"How to be a Quantitative Ecologist" by Jason Matthiopoulos was another
recommendation. Also "Community Ecology: Analytical Methods using R and Excel"
by Mark Gardener. "Biostatistical Design and Analyses Using R" by Murray Logan.
At least two users suggested Zuur, A., Ieno, E. N., Walker,N., Saveliev, A. A.,
and Smith, G. M., 2009. "Mixed effects models andextensions in ecology with R,"
especially for mixed effects models including time series, glms, and analysis
of overdispersed and zero inflated data.
Now I just need to decide which one to go with. No way can I afford all the
books, so it looks like I'll be starting with the online resources.
Jason Hernandez