The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of
Colorado, Boulder
invites applications for a fungal biologist with an emphasis on ecology and/or
evolution at
the Assistant Professor (tenure track) level. We seek an individual with a
strong
background in fungal biology/mycology familiar with the range of approaches
(including
molecular methods) used to study fungi living in aquatic, terrestrial, or
host-associated
environments. Expertise could include, but is not limited to: fungal
interactions with plant
or animal hosts/symbionts, fungal disease ecology, fungal ecophysiology, fungal
controls
on ecosystem functioning, or fungal biodiversity and conservation.

The successful candidate will mentor and teach at graduate and undergraduate
levels and
develop an externally funded research program. We offer a collaborative,
intellectually
stimulating, and supportive environment in which a new professor can thrive.
For further
information about the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology see
http://ebio.colorado.edu

To apply, please collate the following into a single pdf file: cover letter,
curriculum vitae, a
list of at least three references and their contact information, and no more
than five pages
total on research, mentoring, and teaching.
Application materials are accepted electronically at https://www.jobsatcu.com
job #
06667

Evaluation of applicants will commence on 15 October 2016 and proceed until the
position
is filled.