Tenure Track Position in Sustainability Science/Ecological Economics at Furman
University

The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Furman University invites
applications for an open-rank, tenure-track position in Sustainability Science
beginning in August 2017.   The successful candidate will have expertise in the
area of ecological economics or related fields within sustainability science.
We are interested in hiring a faculty member with diverse perspectives who will
foster innovation in our sustainability science curriculum and provide a rich
and varied educational experience for our students.  We encourage applications
from candidates who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, student
advising, and research with undergraduates.  Teaching responsibilities consist
of four courses with labs per year, including Principles of Sustainability
Science (SUS 120), Introduction to Environmental Science (EES 112), and upper
level electives including ecological economics.  When needed, candidates may
teach a writing seminar for first year students, Human Systems (SUS 240), or
Social Systems (SUS 241).

Applications should be submitted online at https://jobs.furman.edu.  Include
PDF versions of a letter of application, a curriculum vita, a statement of
teaching interests and philosophy, a diversity statement, a statement of
research interests, names of three references, and unofficial transcripts.  The
diversity statement should reflect the candidate's awareness of the challenges
facing the many student groups traditionally underrepresented in higher
education and discuss strategies for addressing these challenges.

Furman University is a nationally ranked liberal arts college in Greenville,
S.C., which has a thriving downtown and international community.  Visit
ees.furman.edu for additional information about the position, the department,
Furman University, the Shi Center for Sustainability, and Greenville, SC.
Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2016.  Furman University is an
equal opportunity employer committed to increasing faculty diversity.